Benjamin R. Hiller
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Phone: (617) 536-0606
Fax: (603) 669-3122
Benjie Hiller joined the firm in 1991 and specializes in toxic torts. For almost thirty years, he has concentrated his practice on childhood lead poising and is recognized as one of the leading legal authorities in this field.
Benjie has recovered some of largest verdicts and settlements for childhood lead poisoning in Massachusetts and the country. He was awarded the largest settlement of its time for a lead poisoning case in Massachusetts, recovering $4 million.
Attorney Hiller brings a unique perspective to his practice with a strong background in science. He earned both a B.S. and a M.S. in Biology which greatly enhances his ability to understand the complex scientific and medical issues in his cases. This allows him to interact with scientists and physicians on a level far beyond most attorneys. He has also lectured on the subject of childhood lead poisoning in a variety of forums
As one of the best lead poisoning lawyers in America, Benjie has been highly sought after to contribute on cases throughout the country. He has worked on cases in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maryland, Connecticut, New York, Virginia, Illinois and Florida.
Benjie’s other areas of interest include medical malpractice, construction site injuries, nursing home neglect and abuse and injuries inflicted by drunk drivers.
- $4 million for siblings poisoned by lead paint, the largest settlement for a childhood lead poisoning case in Massachusetts history.
- $2 million recovery for child poisoned by lead paint.
- $1.34 million settlement for lead paint poisoning in minors.
- $1.25 million lead paint poisoning verdict, among the 20 largest verdicts and settlements in Massachusetts that year.
- $1 million settlement for tenants who suffered cognitive defects after lead exposure, listed among Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly’s “Largest Verdicts and Settlements of 2011”.
Areas of Practice
- Toxic Tort
- Lead Poisoning
- Construction Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse
- Injuries Caused by Drunk Drivers
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Massachusetts, 1979
- New York
- New Hampshire Bar
New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
Long Island University
Honors and Awards
- Selected to the Massachusetts Super Lawyers list, Class Action/Mass Torts
- “AV” Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Public Justice Foundation